"The work's greatest delight is it's music . . . reconstructed in a convincing period style by Jonathan Dobin."
- The New York Times
"Your arrangement of The Beggar's Opera helped put our theater company on the map."
- Thomas Pederson, Musical Director of TenTen Players
(First production of Jonathan Dobin's The Beggar's Opera.)
"Yours is the best available score I've seen."
- Richard Conrad, Artistic Director Boston Academy of Music
"Your score deserves to be heard, and often. It possesses many stylistic nuances and theatrical insights that the other editions do not - and is superior to the older (Gobermann) edition in almost every detail."
- Thomas Petite, Artistic Director, Comic Opera Guild, Ann Arbor
"Our production was a grand success, due in large part to the
excellence of your score."
- Bliss Carnochan - Professor of Humanities Emeritus, Stanford University, CA
"The pre-performance excerpts from The Beggar's Opera put our audiences in the perfect spirit to enjoy the ensuing play."
- Harrow School - London, England
(2004 production of Jonathan Dobin's incidental music to "The Rivals")